What does the opportunity include?
Join a world-class team with a corporate culture like no other! People are our priority. We want you to bring your whole self to work each day.
Learn and advance within a rapidly growing agency! We value career growth and development by investing in you.
You will have a lot of responsibility and be challenged daily! You have the freedom to provide input and make your clients’ organizations better.
The scale and scope of what Redstone does will surprise you! The rapid pace of change makes it imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we serve our clients.
Sound like Redstone might be the right place for you? Keep reading…
What your team does:
Redstone is an industry-leading agency focused on delivering outsourced services to not-for-profit professional and trade associations. We do full cycle accounting/bookkeeping including; monthly reporting, preparing financial statements, cash flow statements, balance sheets, profit & loss statements, bank account management, credit card management, A/R, A/P, annual budget planning, budget forecasting, variance analysis, support for annual audits or reviews, monthly/quarterly/annual filings, and more!
What you’ll do:
Financial Services / Team Oversight
You will be responsible for overseeing the following for 8-10 clients and supporting up to 2 direct reports on these tasks, but may also include performing some of these responsibilities yourself on some clients:
- Collection of all income, assessments and fees and post to appropriate accounts
- Bank deposits
- Payment processing
- Monthly revenue, bank, credit card reconciliations
- Prepare user-friendly, easily understood, detailed monthly/quarterly financial reporting packages including: Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Statement, analysis of actual to budget variances, cash flow forecasts, accruals and tracking of prepaid expenses
- Plan and assist with client annual audit/review engagements
- Assist with client annual budgeting
- Work with banking contacts to provide investment recommendations and update signatories
- Scheduling monthly/quarterly client deliverables and working with team to ensure deadlines are met
- Jointly oversee Redstone’s accountant team with the current Manager of Financial Services
- Other tasks as required
You will be responsible for the following for 8-10 clients:
- Act as the main point of contact for all client needs, taking initiative in all cases
- Work closely with client contacts & Treasurer as needed
- Execution of board financial initiatives and support where needed
- Presenting financial information during board of director meetings or committee meetings
- Provide recommendations on all financial or accounting related functions of our client organizations
- Go above and beyond by proactively seeking process improvements
You’ll thrive in this role if:
- You are excited about the idea of doing meaningful work and have an eagerness to learn, grow, and contribute to Redstone and our clients’ success
- You have a CPA designation
- You have 5+ years of full cycle accounting, preferably with experience juggling multiple clients consecutively
- You are proficient in MS Office and QuickBooks and comfortable learning new software
- You have excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- You have the ability to work collaboratively
- You have the ability to multi-task, stay organized, and you have strong attention to detail
- You are passionate for mentoring and leadership
- You have the ability to work outside of regular working hours as required, including extended hours, holidays and weekends during busy periods and peak seasons
Serious bonus points if:
- You have experience working at an Agency, and/or the Events and Association Management industry
- You have experience with not-for-profit accounting
- You are bilingual in English / French
Compensation: $85,000 - $105,000 salary base based on experience + eligible bonuses
Redstone life and culture:
We’re a full-service boutique agency with a growing team, which means you’ll have a lot of responsibility, be challenged daily, and will work side-by-side with the senior leadership. As a team, we work hard, are client-focused, and like to have fun. We provide our team with opportunities to expand their skillsets while supporting our association clients in diverse industries such as real estate, property, law, post-secondary education, healthcare, city planning, and sponsorship marketing, just to name a few.
Everything we do stems from our “Core Four” values: People, Trust, Impact, and Extra Mile. They are the foundation behind every decision and action we take as a company, within our team and alongside our clients.
Why Choose Us?
We provide each employee the freedom to work when they are most productive and we understand the need to have a work-life blend, because we have that need too. Here are just a few more reasons to work at Redstone:
- Health, Drug, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer paid Group Life Insurance
- Paid sick days and personal days
- Paid time off between Christmas and New Years
- Flexible working hours and summer hours
- Opportunities to attend in-person and virtual conferences, workshops, industry accreditation and certifications for personal and professional growth through the company
- Travel opportunities to work at our events alongside our talented event staff
- Company events and team initiatives: team lunches, activity challenges, book club, happy hours, game nights, new hire buddy program, holiday and summer parties, charity participation, and more!
Be yourself. We like it that way:
At Redstone, we are committed to fostering and cultivating a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We believe that a culture that celebrates EDI creates a better work environment and enables us to deliver outstanding services to our clients. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We value building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and views and embrace the characteristics that makes our team unique.
Thank you for your interest, however, due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted with next steps.