What does the opportunity include?
- Join a world-class team with a corporate culture like no other! People are our priority. We want you to bring your whole self to work each day.
- Learn and advance within a rapidly growing agency! We value career growth and development by investing in you.
- You will have a lot of responsibility and be challenged daily! You have the freedom to provide input and make your clients’ organizations better.
- The scale and scope of what Redstone does will surprise you! The rapid pace of change makes it imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we serve our clients.
Sound like Redstone might be the right place for you? Keep reading…
What your team does:
Redstone is an industry-leading agency focused on delivering outsourced services to not-for-profit professional and trade associations. These services include event management, board of director services, certification and accreditation, membership services (retention and acquisition), project management, sponsorship program, financial services, and more! Your role focuses on supporting the President with functions such as client satisfaction, contract renewals and client relations, fostering company culture, supporting office management, human resources, company budgeting, and more!
What you’ll do:
The Executive Assistant will support Redstone’s President in a fast-paced position that requires a strong work ethic and analytical thinking. In this role, you will focus on supporting the President’s day-to-day functions, personal tasks and organizing her workload by taking on items from her to-do list as needed. You will handle different business matters while juggling multiple complex projects at any given time. Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing excellent administrative support to Redstone’s President, including meeting support and composing first-draft documents from information gathered in meetings. An elevated level of discretion and confidentiality will be required.
- Reviewing emails forwarded by the President and completing tasks that may be required, helping triage actions and responses, as necessary.
- Preparing and organizing meeting agendas as well as taking minutes and documenting actioned items on her to-do list to accomplish business objectives.
- Ensuring time-sensitive tasks and/or deliverables are top of mind for the President and that she has support in completing them or sending reminders to complete.
- Executing personal tasks for the President, including but not limited to picking up coffee and lunch, ordering gifts, coordinating events, and booking personal appointments.
- Supporting the Recruitment, Operations, Marketing and Development, Accounts, Events and Finance Teams on behalf of the President.
- Handling work-related matters alongside the President and taking on special projects as needed, which may span different areas of the business such as client relations, company culture, human resources, office management, budgeting, etc. You will be exposed to all functions of the business!
- Preparing, editing, and proofing reports, presentations and other documents accurately using all applications within MS Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Supporting and managing various operational initiatives and business processes across Redstone as required.
- Researching, writing, and coordinating the submission of awards for both the President and Redstone Agency.
- Maintaining the physical office space, ensuring that cleanliness standards are kept, tracking keys and access cards, and taking ownership of office maintenance.
- Researching and drafting talking points on assorted topics as required, while ensuring the President is prepared and in possession of information and material required for her attendance at various meetings and events.
- Drafting various announcements and communications for both internal and external circulation.
- Performing general administrative tasks such as mailing, scanning, photocopying documents and coordinating documents for President’s signature.
- Proactively identifying issues, projects and activities requiring the President’s involvement.
- Supporting the execution of tasks for the President’s volunteer initiatives and volunteer roles.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
You’ll thrive in this role if:
- You can juggle priorities in a busy and ever-changing hybrid office environment, to balance multiple projects at once and adhere to strict deadlines.
- You are proactive in anticipating needs and seeking out solutions, you are forward-thinking and able to identify areas where you can support even if not directly requested.
- You are excited about the idea of doing meaningful work and have an eagerness to learn, grow, and contribute to Redstone and our clients’ success.
- You have 2+ years of administrative experience in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a self-starter and take initiative, work without supervision, and begin projects independently (even while working in a virtual team environment).
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, time management, and must be detail and process-oriented to be successful in this role.
- You can keep yourself and others on track with deadlines and deliverables.
- You can execute a significant amount of judgment, tact, diplomacy, confidentiality, and discretion in all aspects of the role.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, confidence, poise, integrity, and professionalism.
- You can be both proactive and reactive.
- Your first instinct when confronting a new problem that you do not know the answer to is to figure it out, then chart a path forward (resourcefulness).
- You can work outside of regular working hours as required, and sometimes be available to respond to internal messages in the evenings or on Sundays (rare).
- You can ensure that the President starts her day (between 9:00am - 9:30am) with everything that is needed and that loose ends are tied up when the President leaves for the day (3:00pm-3:45pm).
Serious bonus points if:
- You have experience of working successfully in an Executive Assistant role.
Compensation: $60,000 - $70,000 (total compensation) based on experience
Redstone life and culture:
We’re a full-service boutique agency with a growing team, which means you’ll have a lot of responsibility, be challenged daily, and will work side-by-side with the senior leadership. As a team, we work hard, are client-focused, and like to have fun. We provide our team with opportunities to expand their skillsets while supporting our association clients in diverse industries such as real estate, property, law, post-secondary education, healthcare, city planning, and sponsorship marketing, just to name a few.
Everything we do stems from our “Core Four” values: People, Trust, Impact, and Extra Mile. They are the foundation behind every decision and action we take as a company, within our team and alongside our clients.
Why Choose Us?
We provide each employee the freedom to work when they are most productive and we understand the need to have a work-life blend, because we have that need too. Here are just a few more reasons to work at Redstone:
- Health, Drug, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer paid Group Life Insurance
- Paid sick days and personal days
- Paid time off between Christmas and New Years
- Flexible working hours and summer hours
- Opportunities to attend in-person and virtual conferences, workshops, industry accreditation and certifications for personal and professional growth through the company
- Travel opportunities to work at our events alongside our talented event staff
- Company events and team initiatives: team lunches, activity challenges, book club, happy hours, game nights, new hire buddy program, holiday and summer parties, charity participation, and more!
Be yourself. We like it that way:
At Redstone, we are committed to fostering and cultivating a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We believe that a culture that celebrates EDI creates a better work environment and enables us to deliver outstanding services to our clients. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We value building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and views and embrace the characteristics that makes our team unique.
Thank you for your interest, however, due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted with next steps.